Darjeeling Kalimpong and Gangtok in 6 Nights Himalayan Tour
Day 01: Darjeeling Arrival
Arrival at Railway Station/Airport. Upon arribal, our representative will meet you and assist you in your transfer to Darjeeling hotel. Upon arrival, check-in at hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight stay at Darjeeling.
Day 02: Darjeeling Sightseeing
Early morning, excursion to Tiger Hill - Darjeeling’s highest peak at 8,400 ft. Get breathtaking sunrise view over Mt. Khangchendzongha - world’s third highest peak at 28,208 ft. On your way back from Tiger Hill, visit Ghoom Monastery, region’s oldest monastery with a 15 foot tall statue of Buddha.Return to hotel for breakfast and relax. Later, proceed for Darjeeling tour. Take a 50 min Toy Train ride (entitled with UNESCO World Heritage status) from Darjeeling to Ghoom (at 7407 ft.). Get picked up from Ghoom and drive back to Darjeeling for lunch. Later, go for city sightseeing. Visit a Tea Estate and the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, built to honor sherpa Tenzing Norgay, one of the first man to climb the Mount Everest in 1953. Also, visit Zoological Park, India’s largest high altitude zoo (at 7,000 ft.), home to rare Himalayan animals. Next, visit the traditional styled Japanese Buddhist Temple. Later, proceed to Tibetan Refugee self-help center and watch Tibetan men and women making exquisite hand-crafted items like carpets, jackets, woolen shawls etc. Later, return to hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 03: Darjeeling-Kalimpong (57 km/2 ½ hrs) Sightseeing
Enjoy breakfast before transfer to Kalimpong (at 3,950 ft.). On arrival, check-in at hotel. Afternoon, proceed for Kalimpong tour. Visit Mangal Dam temple, Deolo Hill summit (at 5,590 ft.), Dr. Graham’s Home - an orphanage and school, Golf Garden, Durpin Dara Hills & Pine View Nursery. Overnight stay at Kalimpong.
Day 04: Kalimpong-Gangtok (75 km/3 hrs)
After breakfast, transfer to Gangtok (at 5,500 ft.). On arrival, check-in at hotel. Day at leisure. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 05: Gangtok Local Sightseeing
Today, go for Gantok city tour covering Tashi view point, which offers sweeping view of Kanchenjunga, Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Flower show, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Institute of Tibetology, Dro-dul Chorten, Enchey Monastery & Banjakhri Falls. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Day 06: Excursion to Tsomgo Lake
After breakfast, proceed for excursion to Tsomgo Lake also called Changu lake (at 12,400 ft). This glacial lake is considered sacred by the locals of Sikkim. Return to your hotel in Gangtok. Overnight stay.
(In case of Land slide or any other reason Tsomgo Lake is closed, we will provided alternate sightseeing.)
Day 07: Gangtok-NJP Rly Station/IXB Airport (120 km/5 hrs)
After breakfast, check-out and get transferred to Railway Station / Airport for your onward journey.
- 6x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 6 nights
- 6 nights accommodation at 03 star hotels
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Toy Train ride Darjeeling to Ghoom Monaster
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Fuel surcharge
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Bagdogra International Airport
- Entry/Admission - Tiger Hill
- Entry/Admission - Ghoom Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- Entry/Admission - Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
- Entry/Admission - Japanese Buddhist Temple
- Entry/Admission - Durpin Dara Hill
- Entry/Admission - Pine View Nursery
- Entry/Admission - Dr. Graham's Homes
- Entry/Admission - Tashi View Point
- Entry/Admission - Ganesh Tok View Point
- Entry/Admission - Hanuman Tok
- Entry/Admission - Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
- Entry/Admission - Ban Jhakri Falls Park
- Entry/Admission - Tsomgo Lake
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note:
- Above quotation only valid for
- For entering Sikkim a normal Inner Line permit is required.
- This permit can be obtained on any one of the following procedures:
- At the time of applying for the Indian Visa itself, the clients need to mention that they will visit Sikkim and accordingly a 15 days inner line permit is stamped on the visa.
- On arrival in Darjeeling we need to produce the original passport with valid Indian Visa at the District Magistrates office and a 15 days inner line permit can be granted. It takes half day.
- While entering Sikkim the permits can be issued on the spot at Rongpoo Check Post (while going to Gangtok) or Melli Check Post (while going to Pelling). It takes 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on group size. A serial numbered form at the check post needs to be filled and submitted along with photocopies of passport and Indian visa and 02 passport size snaps.
- The following can be granted Inner Line permits to visit Sikkim ONLY by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi or the Indian High Commissions abroad.
- Foreigners travelling with Diplomat Passports/Official Passport like Red Cross etc.
- Citizens from Bangladesh, Republic of China, Peoples Republic of China, Pakistan, Myanmar, Taiwan, Nigeria.
- Required for clients travelling to North Sikkim Tsomgo Lake trip.
- The attached form needs to be filled by the guest and scanned and sent along with scanned along with Sikkim Inner-line permit.
- For the restricted area permit the scanned copies should reach us at-least 10 working days prior to the date of travel. The guest should carry all original documents with them as they may be asked for the same anytime for verification.
- Single Pax Foreigners/NRI are not allowed to visit Tsomgo lake.
- We like to inform you that the road condition while traveling to West Sikkim(Pelling area) and other parts of this sector are in poor condition as there was highway extension work which was going on & it takes some time. It is very important to keep all guests traveling to this sector informed about the same to avoid the last minute disappointment.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate